Hey there, it’s Dani Quinn! This post is about all the podcasts that have kept me company and been amazing for me to have in my ears while multiple areas of my life have transitioned into new, difficult things since last I posted here on PtP! I’m also posting this on my Medium account, where I occasionally post about health, wellness, and my new healthcare career stuff – so this may look a tiny bit familiar if you follow me over there. Anyway, here’s some of the podcasts that have been keeping me company while I sort through all the stuff life has handed me in the last four months:
- Last Podcast on the Left: This one is the obvious one, which is why I wanted to get it out of the way. These guys are my go-to whenever shit hits the fan. They have been since 2014. The hosts are still amazing even though this show has blown up in the best of ways and the humour is the kind of stuff I can have in my brain without my thoughts drifting into the “scary dark” despite 90% of the show’s content being of the dark variety.
- Bigsofttitty.png: This Australian comedy was introduced to me by my best friend and it was definitely the comedy I needed that day. The two hosts are just loud and talk about random things that don’t always make sense to me, but the recent episode talking about Livejournal had me dying from laughter and getting so many looks from strangers on the street as I walked home from work.
- Lore: Aaron Mahnke is easily one of my favourite storytellers. His episode of Lore about Sara Winchester (my fave historical figure) has been on repeat in my brain and ears for ages since its release. Overall, the storytelling is absolutely elegant and I love using each episode like bedtime stories. Related: his new podcast, Aaron Mahnke’s Cabinet of Curiosities, is also lovely and helps me get through my walk to work twice per week!
- Parcast Network: So, yeah, this is a network and they’ve easily shot right up to my second fave network. My only complaint is I wish they had more hosts because multiple hosts host the same podcasts and I sometimes get confused on what show I’m listening to! Hahaha, but seriously Parcast has something for everyone and they’re constantly growing and adding shows.
- The Story Must Be Told: This podcast gets me in all the good ways. The beautiful storytelling takes me to church with every new episode. Another gem from Last Podcast Network.
- Trailer Park Boys Podcast: Yes, our fave trailer park criminals have their own podcast! It’s absolutely hilarious and definitely gets me in a good mood when it’s yet another night when I haven’t gotten any sleep.